Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight (Proverbs 3:5-6).
Many times, I’ve heard a friend of mine pray, “Lord, prop me up on my leaning side.”
Propping us up is one of God’s specialties. He is faithful to those who choose to lean on Him and to answer His call. Look at the ways God propped me up and repeatedly created win-win situations for Mama and me.
- He prepared me for this journey with an education, work and life experiences, faith in Him, and the heart of an intercessor.
- He let Daddy die in peace knowing that his wife, my mother, would be well cared for.
- He gave me a friend who provided wise counsel throughout this journey.
- He created a multitude of win-win situations. For instance:
- Sandy, our first caregiver, needed us as much as we needed her.
- The assisted living facility was new and needed other residents as much as we needed a place for Mama at that time.
- Granny, who became our part-time caregiver, still needed her mama as much as my mama needed her, and both had the same first name: “Sadie.”
- The nursing home provided friends for Mama when both needed good conversation.
- And for me personally, God deepened my faith in Him, smoothed our path all along the way, and gave me great joy as He used me to restore Mama’s sense of well-being.
Our God is so faithful to all who choose to lean on Him. If you or a loved one are farther along on the road to glory, I hope you choose to lean on Him. He promised to straighten out your path.
To see what it looks like to lean on the Lord, read The Road to Glory: Walking Mama Home now available on Amazon.